In our last blog we have mentioned few restaurant etiquettes that you should follow in a restaurant. Today we will share few more basic restaurant etiquettes and help you to have a nice time at a restaurant.
When food is served at the table, the dishes should be passed in a counter-clockwise flow. Don’t reach across the table for anything, it looks bad. Instead, ask it to be passed from the person sitting closest to the item. Always remember to use serving utensils and not your own to lift food from the serving dish. It’s a good manners to pass salt and pepper together. If a person asks for just one, pass both.
Table manners were designed so that you can enjoy your food and spend some quality time with the people you love. So here are some essential restaurant etiquette rules that you must follow for a perfect time.
- Keep your phone silent and choose not to talk while you are eating as it is a bad manners and might seem rude to the person sitting next to you.
- At a small table of only two to four people, wait until everyone else has been served before starting to eat.
- Don’t cut all your food before you begin eating. Cut one or two bites at a time.
- Don’t blow on your food if it is hot. Wait a few minutes for your food to cool off.
- Use your utensils for eating and not to make gesture while eating, it is even better not to gossip too much about anything.
- Elbows should be off the table. Rest the hand you are not using in your lap.
- Try to avoid burping or making other weird sounds at the table.
- If you spill something on the table, signal one of the servers to help you out.
- When you finish eating, the utensils should be left on the plate or in bowl.
- Don’t use a toothpick or dental floss at the table, it looks wrong, instead go to the washroom if you have to.
- While women at a restaurant may reapply lipstick, but it is wise to not start with the rest of the makeup at the table.We hope these etiquettes help you to have a great time at a restaurant. If you are in Dhanbad, savor one of the best culinary experience only at CARRAMEL Multi Cuisine Restaurant.