5 Best Places to Visit When You Are In Dhanbad
Dhanbad is a place that’s preferred by leisure and business travelers alike. Best time to visit Dhanbad is from February to December. Sightseeing in Dhanbad will take around half a day or an entire day, but to cover all places, travelers need to stay in Dhanbad for 2 to 3 days. There are many Dhanbad hotels that would cater to all kinds of budgets.
This city is renowned for its coal industries and factories, and is one of the most successful commercial areas across India. Dhanbad is commonly known as the ‘Coal Capital of India.’ But there are quite a few places here that are famous for their natural beauty and have emerged as popular visitor spots:
- Maithon Dam: Constructed over River Barakar, Maithon Dam is a captivating site for the tourists. A famous picnic spot, this dam was originally constructed for flood control. As families and tourists gather to enjoy the calming weather and the soothing surroundings, the riverside also provides visitors with a mesmerizing view of the sunset.
- Kalyaneshwar Mandir: Kalyaneshwar temple is located at a distance of 5kms from the Maithon Dam. Interestingly, the dam derives its name from the temple. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Shakti, and witnesses hundreds of pilgrims across the years from across the country and even abroad.
- Jharia: Jharia is one of the largest reservoirs of coal in the state of Jharkhand. It houses massive amounts of bituminous coal, which is burnt to get coke. Jharkhand’s economy is largely dependent on Jharia. This place draws a huge of students and academicians from all over, especially from the area of metallurgy.
- Panchet Dam: Panchet Dam was constructed as a part of the multi-functional dams built under the Damodar Valley Corporation. The dam is located across River Damodar serving manifold tasks like power generation, flood control, irrigation among many others. The dam is set against the milieu of the Panchet hills and is an idyllic picnic spot. There are also many business hotels in Dhanbad located near this place.
- Bhatinda Falls: Bhatinda Falls is another sought after picnic spot. Located amidst hills and greenery, the beauty of Bhatinda Falls is hard to miss! It is located at a distance of about 14 kms from Dhanbad station. The falls are not very steep, and hence, enable the tourists to traverse the upper reaches.
Dhanbad essentially provides the visitors with perfect amalgamation of nature and the man-made. While the coal-mines are indeed awe-striking, the surrounding nature and waterfalls fill the visitors with a refreshing vivacity. So do not miss visiting Dhanbad during your next winter holidays along with these alluring attractions!