The city of Dhanbad came into existence when the government of India declared it a part of the state of Bihar in 1956. Up until, November 15, 2000, when a new state of Jharkhand carved out of Bihar on the geographical and the political maps, it now falls in Jharkhand. The city has no historical significance in the beginning two decades of the early 20th century but later on, became the “Coal Capital of India”.
Present-day Dhanbad is one of the fastest growing economies in the country and is one of the famous tourist places across the nation. The place is well known for its temples and hot springs. The famous Chinese Traveler Huein Tsang also describes the richness of the place in his travel log. The city has golden quadrilateral road layout that connects Kolkata and the Capital Delhi.
Given that, the place has a great tourism value, it is important to look for certain things before checking out the place;
- Insane traffic: - It is but obvious; the first thought that hits your head, when you are planning to travel in almost any part of the India. You need to prepare yourself for the long traffic and the frustration you are going to get, driving a two wheeler or more. However, the case is not the same in every part, but urban ones only. Ninety-five percent of the cities are affected by traffic, ranging from; mild to huge.
- Avoid ordering food on Railway Station: - It is essential if you avoid all foods from any platform. The food is mostly stale and is never a good option for a whole breakfast, or lunch and much less for a dinner. Better go for a reputed multi cuisine restaurant where your money will find the worthy value.
- Be an expert bargainer: - Never get intimidated when you are street shopping. Be a good bargainer. Chances are, the stuff, local sells you, could be a manifold of the regular price.
- Respect the dress code: - Certain places of India, has local dress code strictly against, over cleavage and exposure of the dress.
- Make good use of Guesthouses and hotels: - They are readily available in almost any part of the nation.